Immigration Lawyer Miami Logo
Phone Icon Navigation Icon

What Type of Visa Do You Need?

Throughout our many years in business, one of the most fulfilling parts of our services has been helping our clients in Miami gain peace of mind, safety and assurance by helping them secure visas. We understand how important the visa application process is to an immigrant trying to build and preserve their life in the United States and we are here to help you navigate the process. No matter what type of visa you’re trying to obtain, the application process can be exceedingly complicated and overwhelming. An experienced and qualified immigration attorney can help you successfully complete your application. Call Immigration Lawyer Miami today at (305) 925-0228 to learn more about what we can do for you.

Part of the visa application process is making sure you understand the distinction between the different types of visas. This will determine your length of stay, the purpose of your presence in the United States and how to make arrangements to stay in the country going forward. It may surprise you to know this, but there are 185 different types of visas for immigrants looking to stay and build a life in the United States. While there are so many different types of visas, there are two main categories for the U.S.:
Nonimmigrant visa - For temporary visits such as for tourism, business, work or studying.
Immigrant visa - For people to immigrate to the United States. At the port of entry, the immigrant visa holder is processed for a permanent resident card (I-551, often known as a 'green card'). Upon endorsement (CBP admission stamp) it serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for one year.

Eligibility for visas is contingent upon each individual’s immigration status. Each person needs to apply for an entry visa unless they are:

  • A permanent resident of the U.S.
  • A citizen of the Compact of Free Association states: Federated States of Micronesia, the Marshall Islands, and Palau
  • A citizen of Canada, including those applying for TN status at the border, or a British Overseas Territories citizen with a connection to Bermuda
  • A citizen of one of the 38 countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program
  • A citizen of The Bahamas or a British Overseas Territories citizen with a connection to British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands or Turks and Caicos Islands, under certain conditions
  • Holding a Form I-512 ("Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States")

You do not have to be scared or overwhelmed by the immigration or visa process. Immigration Lawyer Miami is here to help you get through the process. Call us today at (305) 925-0228 for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Quote Request

Captcha Image